Building Toward an International Brain Initiative- a short film
15 March 2017
Scientists and administrators representing both public and private neuroscience projects from around the world met on February 27, 2017 in New York City for an International Brain Initiative Meeting. This meeting explored the framework for what an International Brain Initiative could be, as well as provided input on potential projects for the Initiative.
The Kavli Foundation commissioned a short video, containing interviews with a number of meeting attendees to capture the ideas, goals and spirit of this historic meeting. Interviewees discuss the amazing complexity and elusive nature of the human brain, as well as how a systematic and coordinated global approach is required to truly understand the brain and ultimately improve quality of life.
The video features representatives from:
- Allen Institute for Brain Science
- Australian Brain Alliance
- European Union’s Human Brain Project
- German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases
- International Brain Research Organization
- The Kavli Foundation
- U.S. National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. National Institutes of Health