Data Standards and Sharing Working Group (WG) started its activities in February 2020. The aim of this extended working group meeting, a satellite event at the INCF Neuroinformatics Assembly 2021, is to gain inputs from a wider neuroscience and neuroinformatics community regarding the IBI Data Standards and Sharing WG activities.
Participants will be provided with access to pre-recorded talks beforehand, and discussions will take place during the meeting.
- Review of the Data Standards & Sharing WG activities since January 2020
Maryann Martone, University of California, San Diego
- Updates from three task forces (TF) of the Data Standards & Sharing WG
- Data Governance White paper TF (Franco Pestilli, The University of Texas at Austin)
- Data Catalog TF (Tom Johnstone, Swinburne University of Technology)
- Training TF (Sharon Crook, Arizona State University)
- Featured talks by invited participants (Pre-recorded talks with live discussions)
- Neuroethics Opportunities for Data Standards and Sharing (Karen Rommelfanger, Emory University)
- Using INCF vetted standards in the Canadian Open Neuroscience Platform (Jean-Baptiste Poline, McGill University)
- Responsible Data Governance – Ethical and Legal Considerations (Bernd Stahl, De Montfort University)
- Can Data Protection and Open Science come to an Agreement? (Adrian Thorogood, McGill University)
- Activating the Human Right to Benefit from Genomic Science (Peter Goodhand, Emory University)
- Closing remarks
Kenji Doya, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology